Friday, February 3, 2012

Sense of Humour

When I was a little girl I didn't appreciate my grandma's sense of humour.  As I got older and started to see her with new eyes I really learned to appreciate it more.  I also found that the older she got the less worried about the little things she became.

The other day I was in the office and one of her old binders with 'treasures' fell down and this slip of paper fell down.  Instead of rushing to pick it all up and continue on my way, I decided to sit and read my grandma's handwriting and see what she thought was worthwhile to write out and save.

At first I did not understand the 'joke' however being 7 months pregnant caught my attention even further...
so all of you out there who may be pregnant or want a good joke via my late Grandma Hazel, here it goes:

A woman 7 months pregnant got on a street car and sat next to a gentleman.  She noticed him smiling, being humilated, she changed her seat this time his smil changed to a grin.  She changed her seat again.  He seemed more amused than ever.  When for the fourth time she changed her seat he burst out laughing.  She could not bear it longer, so she complained to the conductor and had the man arrested.  The case came up in court and the judge inquited of the man if he had anything to sy.
"well your Honour, it was like this," he replied "When the lady sat beside me, I could not help but notice her condition, and she sat under a sign which read, "Use Sloans liniment to reduce that swelling"


 and I had to smile to myself.  Then she moved under a sign which read, "Gold dust twins are coming".


This made me grin.  Then she moved under a sign which read, "William's stick did the trick" I could hardly hold myself and then when she moved for the fourth time and sat beneath a sign which read, "Goodyear Rubber would have Prevented this Accident",

 I just laughed out loud.
"Case dismissed", said the Judge.

For the record. this joke came from My Grandma Hazel.

No comments:

Post a Comment