Sunday, February 5, 2012

Plodding Along

Picture of the town of Drayton, ON in 1878 around the time that Annie O'Brien was married to Thomas and raising her family. 
I have been continuing my tradition of Sunday night researching.  I really look forward to this night wvery week as I know I will be on the look out for more info.
I have been concentrating my efforts on the Annie O'Brien (1831 Ireland) Thomas Caldwell (1811 Scotland) union of Aug 9, 1861 in Drayton ON.
Something I did not realize was that Annie O'Brien was married to John Blackwell born in1823 in Louth, Ireland.  They married in Drayton, ON and had two sons: Francis born 1849 and John Dennis Blackwell born 1856 in Drayton.  John then died in 1860.  Annie remarried my great great great grandfather Thomas and had 4 children: Caroline, Lottie, Thomas and Rebecca (she is my great great grandmother).
I will be visiting the Archives once again this Thursday in hopes to obtain more information on these families.
The search continues...   

No comments:

Post a Comment