Monday, October 24, 2011

How Much Do Our Genes Effect Who We Are?

I think that this is going to be an on going discussion and area of research for me in my family research and blog.  I am going to use a small example:


Yep the discussion is about pickles.  When my mom was a school girl she and her friend Sandra Peterson would pool their lunch money and buy themselves a jar of pickles.  They'd eat the pickles for lunch and drink the juice afterwards.  They sure loved pickles.  This love affair with pickles for my mother.  Whenever we were at a fast food place she would always order 'extra' pickles.

This past summer we were celebrating my five year old's birthday and he wanted pickles and popcorn for lunch.  We had just returned from Costco and bought the super size pickle jar.  Before I knew it the four of my kids ate the ENTIRE jar of pickles and enormous bowl of popcorn.


Today I bought a regular 1 litre jar of pickles and they managed to eat the whole thing for their after school snack.  


This love of pickles seems a bit extreme.  


I will report back on my genetic findings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment