Friday, June 3, 2011

Unbelievable Findings

I truly did not realize what a gem www.ancestry.ca truly is!!

I have blurry eyes as I have been staying up WAY TOO late working on establishing my family tree.
Almost every time I write the name of an ancestor I get a little waving leaf telling me that they have found connections to that name.  I am in awe of the ancestors I am finding.

For example, my great grandmother Ellen Olive Carlson who married John Bowie was from Freemont Dodge Nebraska however, her family came here from Sweden.

My Aunt Marian (dad's sister in law) has recently found the names of her sisters and parents.  She even got Ellen's parents and both sets of grandparents-the she found 2 sets of great grandparents (in relation to Ellen Olive).

Through the family history wonder of www.ancestry.ca I was able to FIVE more generations with children and some of their souses and children.
I am so grateful for this program.  Money very well spent.  If you don't want to spend the money or don't have a lot of access, you can go to your nearest archives and most public libraries have access to this program.

Also, you can set up your own profile without joining and you can access various resources.
AMAZING
My tree is expanding and I love it.
I was so excited I just had to share even though this entry is taking me way longer to write because I am so tired and making LOTS of typos which I can not stand so I am doing many corrections.

No comments:

Post a Comment